[At-Large] Now, for the next big thing

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 21:17:18 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 8:54 AM, Jorge Amodio <jmamodio at gmail.com> wrote:

> Probably no interest until somebody figures how to Trademark an IP
> address and claim ownership to it, so when the DHCP server assigns it
> to somebody else, she/he will sue you for Trademark violation. I'd
> probably bet that there are several attorneys out there trying to
> figure how to milk the IP address space, particularly now that IPv4
> space is becoming scarce and there is an emerging market for it.
>
> -J

WIPO published a Report on Intellectual Property on the Internet: A Survey
of Issues which you can access via
http://www.wipo.int/copyright/en/ecommerce/ip_survey/
The report contains the following:-

   - Introduction<http://www.wipo.int/copyright/en/ecommerce/ip_survey/introduction.html>
   - I. The Internet and the Development of the Digital
Society<http://www.wipo.int/copyright/en/ecommerce/ip_survey/chap1.html>
   - II. The Migration of Intellectual Property to the
Internet<http://www.wipo.int/copyright/en/ecommerce/ip_survey/chap2.html>
   - III. The Impact of the Internet on Intellectual Property
Law<http://www.wipo.int/copyright/en/ecommerce/ip_survey/chap3.html>
   -
      - (A)Copyright and Related
Rights<http://www.wipo.int/copyright/en/ecommerce/ip_survey/chap3.html#3a>
      - (B)Trademarks and Other Rights in Distinctive
Signs<http://www.wipo.int/copyright/en/ecommerce/ip_survey/chap3.html#3b>
      - (C)Domain
Names<http://www.wipo.int/copyright/en/ecommerce/ip_survey/chap3.html#3c>
      - (D)Patents<http://www.wipo.int/copyright/en/ecommerce/ip_survey/chap3.html#3d>
   - IV. The Role of Private International Law and Alternative Dispute
   Resolution<http://www.wipo.int/copyright/en/ecommerce/ip_survey/chap4.html>
   - V. Issues for Developing Countries in the Digital
Environment<http://www.wipo.int/copyright/en/ecommerce/ip_survey/chap5.html>
   - VI. Digital Delivery of Intellectual Property
Services<http://www.wipo.int/copyright/en/ecommerce/ip_survey/chap6.html>
   - VII. The WIPO Digital
Agenda<http://www.wipo.int/copyright/en/ecommerce/ip_survey/chap7.html>