[At-Large] Notice of Motion: update to ALAC advice on gTLDs

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Sun Dec 18 23:13:34 UTC 2011

Dear Anthony,

On 18/12/2011 23:45, Antony Van Couvering wrote :
> I know that ALAC was set up to represent the public interest, but I am unaware of any evidence that it does.
>
> In order to represent the public interest, ALAC must first define what that is.

Thank you for your suggestion. In the interest of the ALAC not wasting
time on re-inventing the wheel, I may recommend some reading from
scholars who have spent time studying the subject:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_interest

If you'd prefer more legitimate reading material for the holiday break,
I'd suggest a search for "the public interest" @ Amazon and you'll find
a handful of books that treat the subject with all of the magnificence
that the subject deserves.

I encourage other At-Large members to share their reading list too.

Kind regards,

Olivier

--
Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD