[At-Large] Issue Report on Thick Whois

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Mon Nov 28 16:07:11 UTC 2011

Thanks. Regarding proxy registrations, some people read the current
contracts as not allowing them, but that is moot at this point, since
they have been going on for a long time now and ICANN has never tried
to stop them. Certainly for .net and .com, it is far too late to put
the genie back in the bottle. So no change from thin to thick whois
is going to alter the current situation. Or at least, that is how I read it.

Alan