[At-Large] Issue Report on Thick Whois

Bill Silverstein icann-list at sorehands.com
Wed Nov 23 16:50:06 UTC 2011

>> This is now the third time in an ICANN setting in which I've heard "if
>> you
>> don't agree with my PoV you must be a supporter of pedophilia", and it's
>> become extremely tiresome.
>
> You know, I spend a certain amount of time working with real cops who deal
> with real crime, including child abuse images.  Your consistent refusal to
> even consider the consequences of your PoV are tiresome in the extreme.

I have had limited experience dealing with law enforcement. In 2006 ago, I
received spam from Soloway, he used a credit card from someone in
Cambridge. I put the victim in touch with someone I knew at the FBI in
Boston. If I didn't have access to that whois information, Soloway may
never had been arrested.