[At-Large] Chiba response to FNOI

ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net
Thu Jul 28 18:23:04 UTC 2011

>> ... the ISOC China usage ...

> ... it is not ISOC China ...

Thank you for pointing this out Olivier. Fortunately, I did not
write "ISO China" as that would have excited another correction
from some other quarter.

As I wrote "I think" and "I'm fairly certain" and "I think" when
characterizing the meanings of each of three parties I don't have
authoritative knowledge of (lacking the keys to WDC, Beijing, or MdR),
I'm gratified, though slightly puzzled to know that "I'm correct" in
substance, though not in attribution.

My meta-point of course was, and is, that agreement isn't actually
agreement, unless the terms of reference are similar and the sense
of the parties conjectured to be in agreement are mutually aware
and unconditional.

Eric