[At-Large] eG8 Forum

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Sat May 14 16:47:22 UTC 2011

Olivier, thanks.

But as Izumi mentions, this does not make multistakeholder.  Which is
a shame.  Particularly as participation of private sector seems to be
tied to sponsorship (pay and you get a chance to speak... really is a
terrible step backwards.)

The multistakeholder environment has been essential in driving
development of the Internet, particularly in maintiaing openness and
ensuring accountability and transparency.  Non-commercial actors have
been crucial to this.  Shame on the French Presidency for not
understanding the thing it's proposing pontificate on.

(this little rant not aimed at the ALAC chair :-))

Adam