[At-Large] Privacy and domain abuse vs the IP constituency

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Sun May 8 13:14:30 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 1:33 PM, Antony Van Couvering <avc at avc.vc>
wrote: Personally I have a hard time justifying a regime that would
treat sellers of domain names as criminal accomplices, or impose on
them a duty of verification that doesn't exist for ISPs, or email
providers, or IP address providers.

on that note, there IS a "proposal" sent to ICANN (altho not via
normal channels) to create "IP address registrars" AND make them
subject to the same kind of rules that domain registrars must follow:

http://icann.org/en/correspondence/statement-ip-address-registrar-accreditation-policy-31mar11-en.pdf

Not sent via normal channels, as they don't think they will get a fair
hearing from the ASO:

http://icann.org/en/correspondence/holtzman-to-jeffrey-02mar11-en.pdf

I imagine At-Large might want to weigh in on this at some point?

--
Cheers,

McTim