[At-Large] [NA-Discuss] GAC Scorecard Comments due by 25 March

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Wed Mar 23 14:18:48 UTC 2011

On 23 March 2011 08:16, Hong Xue <hongxueipr at gmail.com> wrote:

> My comments have been posted on the page. Again I haven't heard anything
> from APRALO list. But at least I for one have commented from AP at-large.

Hi Hong,

I have two responses to your comment:

On the issue of "substantive evaluation", the GAC point was that not every
country has that level of scrutiny on its own nation's trademarks, and that
these countrry's trademarks should not be invalidated (for these purposes)
due to lack of such evaluation. Can we suggest an alternate wording that
addresses this?

I have incorporated your views on the PDDRP and hope you find them
sufficiently strong.

Thank you for your timely and effective input! This is not a race between
regions; I am simply trying to get as much community input as possible, as
quickly as possible.

- Evan