[At-Large] YouTube Restricted In Japan?

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Fri Mar 18 15:13:26 UTC 2011

>From the link at YouTube you sent, I watched it, and there is no mention
of YouTube blocking contrary to the heading. So I am confused what
exactly Joe would like to raise.

At least, the guy in the video is showing some TV program, entertainment,
and claims as if the whole broadcast in Japan is not reporting about the
quake and nuclear power station problem. That is non-sense. Almost
all other TV channels, other than the one he picked up, Chanel 12,
have been covering most of what is going on.

There are many efforts to provide accurate information via Internet
to foreign residents in Japan including multilingual languages now.

http://eqinfojp.net/?category_name=english
http://globalvoicesonline.org/specialcoverage/japan-earthquake-tsunami-2011/
http://japan.resiliencesystem.org/

So, if you stay calm and look for information online, there are ways to
grasp the truth.

I do understand the fear by foreign residents in Japan, and want to go outside
the country. That could and would happen to Japanese if a nuclear power plant
near London or New York goes wrong.

But, making this YouTube with very different headline seemed to me still
non-sense. There is no blocking for us. I don't know what US military does.
And that is not MY business now.

Yet, scientists offer different views on the degree of real danger to
your health,
and the ones I trust are not that extreme. You choose what you want to read,
sometimes, yes.

For non-essential people, you can leave, and sometimes better to leave,
quite different from us, the residents, we have little choice and we remain
very calm and keeping the order. Do our duty first, is what we commonly
share these days.

So please do not mix the issues and confuse the people, especially
on this list of ICANN AtLarge.

Sorry, I will close this here.

izumi

--