[At-Large] Protest at tomorrow's ICANN meeting

Neil Schwartzman neil at cauce.org
Thu Mar 17 19:19:24 UTC 2011

On 2011-03-17, at 2:02 AM, Karl Auerbach wrote:

> The reason that ICANN has become more bloated than Jabba the Hutt is
> that ICANN rarely says "that is not our job".

With one major exception, of course. Security. And fraudulent spammers and mobilephone slammers getting to be registrars.
http://www.icann.org/en/transparency/krebs-response-22dec08-en.pdf

Take a look at that document, and poke around for Dynamic Dolphin, owned by infamous net-abuse Scott Richter, his father Steve, and apparently, a former directi employee, who signed off on it while she was there, Manisha Mani.

In which case, they adopt the more unionized view of 'it's not my job'.

"Response to Documentary Information Disclosure Policy Request