[At-Large] Protest at tomorrow's ICANN meeting

Neil Schwartzman neil at cauce.org
Thu Mar 17 05:31:13 UTC 2011

I hope some who are in attendance will also check out this protest. I think this articulates a widespread frustration with ICANN's responsiveness, in general.

“Over the past seven years, we have tried to communicate [our] opposition to dot-xxx at every opportunity, using every means and forum available,” she said. “We have participated in public comment periods, letter writing, conversations with stakeholders and testimony at ICANN’s public meetings. All three of the world’s existing trade associations have issued statements in opposition.

“Although we appreciate the GAC’s responsiveness to our concerns, it is clear that the ICANN board of directors has not heard us,” Duke continued. “We hope that Thursday’s rally will raise the volume, enabling ICANN to get the message, once and for all, that ICM’s dot-xxx application does not have the required support of the sponsored community.”

What's it about? .xxx, of course.

Adult Industry Leaders to Protest Dot-xxx During ICANN Meeting
http://www.ynot.com/content/116643-adult-industry-leaders-protest-dot-xxx-icann-meeting.html

--
Neil Schwartzman
Executive Director