[At-Large] A message from the other side of Pacific

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Wed Mar 16 16:28:50 UTC 2011

Dear Carlton,

Many thanks so much for your quick and warm words, as usual.
What I see now is the value of "moral support", in addition to, or
maybe instead of financial or material support.

Despite the positive reportings, and they are mostly true,
people are now starting to show some degree of frustrations
and discomforts, in Tokyo, at least.

In the areas severely hit, short supply of food, oil, blankets, medicines,
water, are all creating anxiety and sometimes angers. Yes, the government
is slow, not able to catch up with the changing and wide-ranging demands
for relief works. The nuclear stations are getting worse, not fatal, but people
are all speculating the worst-case scenario - who can blame that if you
are residents within 20 to 30 km from the site?

Anyway, your words are sometimes a lot more powerful than the swords.

izumi