[At-Large] Impressions from the Whois-Review

Neil Schwartzman neil at cauce.org
Thu Feb 3 11:00:44 UTC 2011

On Feb 2, 2011, at 3:44 PM, Beau Brendler wrote:

>  I can't think of any consumer organization or advocate in the world who could be characterized as being against privacy protection.

I can.

The Online Trust Alliance (OTA) claims to represent 'consumers'; they say so repeatedly in submissions to the U.S. government. They are an industry association of advertisers and emailers http://otalliance.org/about/board.html (Mr. Fox? This way to your chicken coop …). But yet, at the Email Experience Coalition conference just this past Monday, their Executive Director, Founder & CEO , Craig Spiezle, apparently has this to say ""Personal Identifying Infornaiton (PII) is a concept of yesterday".

Obviously, anything from yesterday is bad.

--
Neil Schwartzman
Executive Director

http://cauce.org