[At-Large] Impressions from the Whois-Review

Karl Auerbach karl at cavebear.com
Mon Jan 31 22:52:12 UTC 2011

On 01/31/2011 01:48 PM, Beau Brendler wrote:

> Corporations and their proxies may be allowed to deceitfully register
> domains, but that doesn't mean people don't notice, and complain
> about it

"deceitfully"?  That's leaping to a pejorative conclusion.

The "AB123XYZ Corporation" registered in Delaware is a 100% lawful
identity of a legally responsible entity.

(In fact our glorious US Supreme Court has recently said that that
entity, even though you or I can not link it to a human being, has at
least as much a First Amendment right as you or I have.  Sigh.)

	--karl--