[At-Large] Impressions from the Whois-Review

Bill Silverstein icann-list at sorehands.com
Mon Jan 31 19:04:11 UTC 2011

+1, but I will add some more here.

Under 18 USC 1037(4) the use of false whois information of two or more
domain names used in commercial e-mail is a crime.

If the Whois information is considered useless, why would it be a crime to
provide false information?

False whois information has always been a factor in determining bad faith
registration in ACPA and UDRP actions.

And lets not forget the argument, that the FTC used for not requiring the
labeling of spam; people who will disobey the rule will be breaking the
law, so why bother having the rule? With that law, I'd like to suggest
some other changes in the law, eliminate tax evasion laws because only tax
evaders will break it.