[At-Large] 9th Circuit Court ruling on ICANN Contract.

John R. Levine johnl at iecc.com
Wed Dec 22 19:16:54 UTC 2010

> The "normal" user wants to be able to register and
> use domain names without publishing their private details.

Actually, the "normal" user wants to use the Internet without being
bombarded by spam and crimeware, and has no interest in registering a
domain.

I realize that there has been a tendency in some circles to see the ALAC
as representing vanity domain registrants, but the real at-large is the
vast majority of Internet users who just use it without registering
anything beyond an account with their local ISP.

Regards,