[At-Large] [Chapter-delegates] The Future of the Internet Governance Forum

Sivasubramanian M isolatedn at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 19:07:15 UTC 2010

Reposting what I posted in the Governance list here:

Is there a possibility that a few powerful Governments instructed their CSTD
representatives to cause this sudden shift in thinking across the CSTD and
move away from mutli-stakeholder Governance model to an unilateral
Governance model whereby Governments take the seats leaving Civil Society
out there on the street to hold placards that are ignored? Such instructions
could be part of the abrupt reactions on the wake of the Wiki-Leaks issue.

Perhaps the Governments want to take total and complete charge of the
Internet, to be in a position to wield totalitarian control over what is and
what is not on the Internet.

Sivasubramanian M