[At-Large] [ALAC] TR: ANNOUNCEMENT : Results from Round 2 voting for At-Large selected Board Member for seat #15 of ICANN Board

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Dec 1 17:32:50 UTC 2010

On 01/12/2010 18:25, John R. Levine wrote :
>> Actually, I have heard the same thing too! Or rather, I have argued with
>> a Board member about this. The gist of the problem stems from a Board
>> member's limited time to indulge in the nitty-gritty, thus preventing it
>> from forming its opinions as a helicopter view. In that Board member's
>> view, Board members should act like "members of a Board", that is, not
>> mingle half as much with the communities, to "waste less time".
> Any chance you can tell us who this deeply misguided board member is?

You should be so lucky. :-)
> He's right, the board wastes a lot of time, but I attribute that almost
> entirely to their failure to make the staff do proper staff work.

ICANN review processes have the ability of resolving problems - and as
in everything slightly complex in life, there is no quick fix. Remember,
ICANN's only a ten year old kid. But a gifted kid, it is, and it
definitely has the potential to mature over time.
Kindest regards,

Olivier

--
Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD