[At-Large] [ALAC] TR: ANNOUNCEMENT : Results from Round 2 voting for At-Large selected Board Member for seat #15 of ICANN Board

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Wed Dec 1 17:05:12 UTC 2010

On 1 December 2010 11:36, Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca> wrote:

> I will repeat, this is something I was cautioned about and I passed
> it on when Evan had said that availability was the only issue. It may
> be a completely spurious tale, so let's not get too worked up about
> it until Sebastien finds out if it is indeed an issue or not.

OK.

I'd normally let something like that pass, but in ICANN I'm finding that
such passive intimidation tactics need to be confronted as soon as
encountered, lest they become part of the culture. Let's not encumber our
new Director with needless baggage before he's even installed.

Whoever cautioned you is part of the problem, even if un-intentioned.

- Evan