[At-Large] [ALAC] TR: ANNOUNCEMENT : Results from Round 2 voting for At-Large selected Board Member for seat #15 of ICANN Board

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Tue Nov 30 22:08:13 UTC 2010

Hi Sébastien,

On 30 November 2010 16:53, Sébastien Bachollet <sebastien at bachollet.com>wrote:

> As you all know, I generally take the view that elected officers should not
> be serving multiple mandates at the same time. As a result of this
> election,
> I would end up with two mandates after the Cartagena meeting, one being
> that
> of ALAC member and the other that of an ICANN Board member (seat #15). I
> fully concur with the view expressed by Nomcom on this subject. I will
> therefore step down from the ALAC position (at the end of the Cartagena
> meeting) and thus avoid a dual mandate. I believe that this is in the best
> interest of ALAC and the ICANN community. I consulted various colleagues on
> this subject and found that there was consensus in this respect.

Thank you for doing this. Being a fully-involved Board member will be a
significant time committment, and it's important that you don't ever find
yourself in a situation of *either* hurting an ALAC meeting quorum or
missing important Board business. So I appreciate your decision and thank
you for it.

As far as the issue of Liaison ... Just because you are no longer an
official voting member of ALAC does not prevent you participating in it to
the extent of your availability. As a part of ALAC I look forward to working
with you to share information, viewpoints and insight, so that your presence
on the Board and our activity within ALAC achieve the greatest degree
possible of harmony in advancing end-user needs and issues.

- Evan