[At-Large] [ALAC] ICANN staff repudiates community call for change on Morality & Public Order

John R. Levine johnl at iecc.com
Tue Nov 23 01:21:06 UTC 2010

>> One very important clarification. I believe your issue is not with
>> staff, but with the board.

There's plenty of blame to go around.  ICANN's board has never exercised
meaningful authority over the staff.  This sort of screwup happens all the
time, and I do not know the staff well enough to tell to what extent it's
ineptness and to what extent it's insubordination, although it hardly
matters.

If I had one question for potential board members, it would be "how will
you make the board take control of the staff?"

Regards,