[At-Large] At-Large Director Selection

Karl Auerbach karl at cavebear.com
Thu Nov 18 23:44:46 UTC 2010

On 11/18/2010 03:24 PM, Alan Greenberg wrote:
> I would like to call your attention to the ongoing selection of the
> first voting At-Large member of the ICANN Board of Directors.

As opposed to the five directors who were seated on ICANN's board after
being elected by votes cast by the public?

<insert emoticon for humorous irony>

By-the-way, I draw your attention that back in that election there were
several public debates (face-to-face and on the net) as well as
published materials, such as
http://www.cavebear.com/archive/icann-board/platform.htm

I ask that those competing for this "selection" to pledge that if chosen
they will publish periodic statements of their actions on the board, the
decisions they made (or did not make), the information they used, the
criteria they chose, and the general logic supporting their choices.  I
know that doing that is hard - my flawed attempt from my term is at:
http://www.cavebear.com/archive/icann-board/diary/index.htm

	--karl--
	Karl Auerbach
	Publicly Elected Director to ICANN's