[At-Large] Libya terminating unacceptable .ly domains

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Fri Oct 8 08:00:42 UTC 2010

Yes Siva

But I think we must accept that ccTLD operators, and any other name provider
for that matter, are entitled to set their terms of service and withdraw
from agreements when those terms are egregiously contravened - as would
appear to be the case here.

The termination of one second level domain does not imply the
fractionalization of the Internet. But the case should be a salutary warning
to those contemplating putting all their eggs in any ccTLD basket, rather
than one more tightly beholden to ICANN standards.

joly

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 3:36 AM, Sivasubramanian M <isolatedn at gmail.com>wrote:

> Evan before I respond to your message, I must expand on my own message:
>
> The network of networks wouldn't be Internet if it becomes a network of
> > national networks.  ccTLDs, National Internet Exchanges and IDN TLDs are
> the
> > greatest threats to Internet.
>
> <snip>

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com
  Secretary - ISOC-NY - http://isoc-ny.org