[At-Large] ICANN Board Nomination

Karl Auerbach karl at cavebear.com
Tue Sep 14 23:48:54 UTC 2010

On 09/14/2010 03:23 PM, Neuman, Jeff wrote:
> Correct, but ICANN does have D&O insurance (Hopefully) that should
> more that adequately cover the directors when acting within the scope
> of their directorship.

As I mentioned in my prior note, certain penalties are in the form of
draconian excise taxes which may not be insurable.

But the other point is "acting within the scope of their directorship."

I maintained a public diary of what I did on ICANN's board.  (It is
still online at http://www.cavebear.com/archive/icann-board/diary/index.htm)

I maintained that diary for a couple of purposes:

First was to communicate with the community of internet users.

Second was to create a written record, made in a way so that it could
presumably pass any hearsay objections, so that I would have a concrete
foundation for protection under the business judgment rule -
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Business_judgment_rule

	--karl--