[At-Large] ICANN Board Nomination

Jacqueline Morris jam at jacquelinemorris.com
Mon Sep 13 10:51:08 UTC 2010

I don't think they are. "Supporting Organisation" in ICANN parlance means
something very different from what I think you assume here. The Board
members are NOT required to be "paid professionals"  - at least in this
field. They can be professionals in other areas with an interest and
expertise in ICANN issues, but that doesn't have to be their primary career.

They are not designed to be financially supported by the SOs, NomCom and
Advisory Committees who nominate them.
They are not "trustees" either - the 2 are different, carry different
obligations and so on.
Jacqueline