[At-Large] facebook vote

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight michele at blacknight.ie
Tue Aug 31 10:06:41 UTC 2010

On 30 Aug 2010, at 10:30, Patrick Vande Walle wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 05:16:07 -0400, Joly MacFie <joly at punkcast.com>
> wrote:
>>> Which of the following should be the URL of the At-Large Facebook fan
>> page?
>>> Please vote for URLs in order of preference with 1 (the first click made)
>>> being your first choice, 2 your second and 3 your third.
>>>

>> Althouigh only ALAC members get to vote on this, I think the rank-and-file
>> could do well to make their preferences known.
>>
>> Personally,  by a thin margin, I will take #2  - all lower case - over #1. I
>> don't like #3 at all,
>
> As I mentioned on the ALAC internal list, the job would be best handled
> by people knowledgeable about search engine positioning, etc.
> ICANN webmasters or communications department come to mind.

I honestly don't think that anyone in ICANN spends any time concerning themselves with SEO ..

Choose a memorable URL and be done with it ..

You're not selling anything and anyone who is looking for ALAC is probably going to search for ALAC or ICANN anyway ..

Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Solutions
Hosting & Colocation, Brand Protection
ICANN Accredited Registrar