[At-Large] ICANN Board Nomination

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Mon Aug 30 21:25:19 UTC 2010

 Hello Karl,

Le 30/08/2010 22:54, Karl Auerbach a écrit :
> Put the promised 50%+ of ICANN's board seats up for public election from
> slates of candidates who need pass no insider nomination process and I
> guarantee you that the public participation in ICANN would go up by many
> orders of decimal magnitude.

Over 50% of the  Board seats are selected by NOMCOM. Anyone can apply.
Add the At Large Director seat, and whilst it's not a direct public
election either, it looks to me like a process that cannot be captured
as easily as direct elections (which is what led to the reform in the
first place).
Kind regards,

Olivier

--