[At-Large] ICANN Board Nomination

John R. Levine johnl at iecc.com
Wed Aug 25 01:21:46 UTC 2010

> Hi, John, would you consider to run for this? You would be a great
> candidate. Have a second thought.

Thanks, I'd consider it, but I have two reservations.  One is that it's a
huge time commitment, on the order of a half time job, and since I don't
have an employer to subsidize me, I'm not sure I can afford the time.  If
ICANN paid the rest of the board, like they now pay the chair, the pool of
candidates would be much larger.  (In case anyone's wondering, it's quite
typical for large organizations to pay their board members, either a fixed
annual amount, or an amount per meeting.)

The other is that I'm not sure how electable I am, since I am from a
rather over-represented geographic and ethnic group.

R's,
John