[APAC-Discuss] Nomination for APRALO Vice-Chair

Amrita Choudhury amritachoudhury at ccaoi.in
Mon Jul 5 00:04:28 UTC 2021

Dear All,

I graciously accept the nomination to for the position of APRALO co vice chair.

I would be completing my second year tenure as a delegate from APRALO in Nominating Committee and feel confident of taking up this role if selected by the community.

During my two terms I have attempted to actively: (1) Contribute to the sub committees (Outreach, Assessment/ Interview) I have been involved in (2) conduct outreach initiatives to encourage eligible candidates from the region to apply and fulfil the responsibility of a NomCom member to work with the other committee members to select appropriate candidates for the leadership positions as expected by the byelaws and (3) keep the community updated as much as possible, while maintaining confidentiality of the process on the developments related to NomCom2020 and 21.

Additionally, have been curating the APRALO newsletter with the help of staff and community members to keep all abreast with ICANN, At Large and APRALO activities and also chronicle the amazing work being done by our ALSes.

If selected by the community for the role of Co Vice Chair, I would attempt to focus on trying to engage the community more in the APRALO and At Large process, keep them more informed on the various initiatives and support the APRALO and At large leadership on the initiatives and policy efforts wherever appropriate.

My SOI can be viewed using this link: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Amrita+Choudhury+SOI

Also, would be glad to respond to any queries.

Regards,

Amrita