[APAC-Discuss] Invitation to join Pacific Cyber Dialogue

Maureen Hilyard maureen.hilyard at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 01:14:25 UTC 2020

Sending in support of cyber development in the Pacific, in collaboration
with the Asia Foundation.

Maureen

My name is Erina Tashiro and I work with the Technology Program Team at The
Asia Foundation. On behalf of the Foundation and our partners, including
the government of Papua New Guinea’s National Information and
Communications Technology Authority and the PNG Department of Information
and Communications Technology, I would like to invite you to attend
the *Pacific
Cyber Dialogue, a virtual summit and workshop* that will take place from
November 17 to 20, 2020.

The event will feature speakers from governments of Pacific Island
countries and territories, Facebook, Google, Palo Alto Networks, FireEye,
APNIC, and the government of Australia. In addition to two sessions that
are open to the public, we will have a series of off-the-record discussions
open to cybersecurity and cyber policy experts. We hope you’ll join us for
these invite-only sessions, which will also feature a special presentation
by Andrew Grotto <https://fsi.stanford.edu/people/andrew-j-grotto>, former
Senior Director for Cybersecurity Policy at the White House under President
Obama and current Research Fellow at Stanford University.

Over the 3.5 days of the conference, we will focus on a range of important
topics including addressing online misinformation, developing  coordinated
ensuring online safety, and advancing productive cyber policy reform. I
invite you to visit http://cyberpacific.net for a detailed schedule and
updated list of speakers.

If you or your colleagues at ICANN are interested, we would be very happy
to have you join any and all sessions of the virtual summit and
dialogue. *Please
note that you must RSVP for this event at the URL above or by responding to
this email*.

When we receive your RSVP we will provide you with a special code for
accessing the entire week’s sessions.

I very much look forward to hearing from you and hope to see you later in
the month.

With kind regards,

Erina Tashiro

---
If you feel you received this message in error please contact
postmaster at asiafoundation.org.