[APAC-Discuss] Follow-up: Nomination of Nadira AL Araj for APRALO Vice Chair

Nadira Alaraj nadira.araj at gmail.com
Thu May 21 12:26:53 UTC 2020

Dear All,

Greetings to all,

Since, there was no meeting to get to know APRALO LT candidates; I thought
of sharing with you as a contestant to Vice Chair role, what new I will
bring to APRALO Community.

Sharing with you here, my experience as Middle East Space Co-Chair, where
we regularly develop position statement on one of ICANN topics to present
it to ICANN board and ICANN concerning bodies for their consideration.  You
could find the different position statements developed from the region at
https://icannwiki.org/ICANN_ME_SPACE.  To those who are interested in the
issue of "Universal Acceptance & Email Address Internationalization using
Arabic Script” are invited to fill the doodle poll
<https://doodle.com/poll/p8aftau7rchrkehx>, so you can join the discussion
meeting on June 8th.

With the above idea in mind, I would like to capitalize on Justine Chew’
proposal for APRALO Policy Platform
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W0Luo9HT6_bTKmUcXluSVgZIfPd-x3l1nTDDVnKdM2s/edit#heading=h.j2v98esj17cv>
so I can empower APRALO ALS members and unaffiliated individual members to
be engaged in ICANN policy comments using a similar approach to the Middle
East Space.

Ending by wishing a happy Eid Al Fitr to those observing it.

Wishing you all the safety and well-being with the new normal.

Best wishes,

Nadira