[APAC-Discuss] RECORDED / Re: [Ext] Nomination of Holly for NomCom

Claudia Ruiz claudia.ruiz at icann.org
Sun May 3 23:24:04 UTC 2020

Dear Holly,

Thank you for your e-mail. We have recorded your decline.

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Claudia Ruiz

On 5/3/20, 4:01 PM, "Holly Raiche" <h.raiche at internode.on.net> wrote:

    I have noted Fariz’s nomination of me for the NomCom position.  While I appreciate the confidence in me, I must decline the nomination.

    Ali has already nominated me for the ALAC position, which I have gratefully accepted.

    The position as a member of ALAC that is far more suited to my interests and abilities.  I have gained considerable experience in the development of policy through participation (and at one point, Chairing) GNSO PDP WGs, in the many times I have been pen holder for ALAC policy statements, as well as participating in ALAC WGs on policy issues including  updating the RAA, the IRTP, Whois, the privacy Policy WGs, and commenting on the CCT report.  I have also run a training wortkshop introducing ALAC and ALAC policy at the Hyderabad meeting, have presented policy webinars for APAC, and I report on ALAC policy at every monthly meeting of APRALO.

    In short, my interest, skills and experience are in the policy area, where I feel I would be of most value to APRALO and ALAC.

    Again, I thank you for your confidence in me, but decline the nomination for a position on NomCom

    Holly