[APAC-Discuss] IMPORTANT Webinar Invitation | 2020 - 8th Capacity Building Webinar | Monday 7 December at 19:00 UTC

ICANN At-Large Staff staff at atlarge.icann.org
Fri Dec 4 10:32:04 UTC 2020

Dear All,

On behalf of Joanna Kulesza and Alfredo Calderon, Co-Chairs of the Capacity Building Working Group, we would like to invite you to join the eighth webinar of the At-Large Capacity Building Program – 2020<https://community.icann.org/x/1Ic3Ag> on the Topic of “DNS and the IoT: Impact on Communities, End Users, Opportunities and Challenges?” on Monday 7 December at 19:00 UTC for 90 minutes.

The Guest Speakers are Hadia ElMiniawi, Sarah Kiden and Andrei Kolesnikov.

The purpose of this webinar is to shed the light on the interplay between the Domain Name System (DNS) and the Internet of Things (IoT), highlighting the impact of IoT on communities and its effect on end users.
The Internet of Things is a fast-growing technology that not only brings us new automation, but also rapidly changes entire industries and the way we do business. The IoT technology today is discussed at a small scale like wearables and the home, or at a large scale in a city. The dependence on this technology is growing every year. This webinar will be focused on IoT basics, connection between IoT and DNS and some future look at the developments of IoT and its use.

The webinar is meant to be informative in nature, triggering dialogue and discussions.

Hadia Elminiawi:
Touching on the enormous benefits brought by the IoT to end users, challenges to security and data privacy, user awareness and the required trust.

Sarah:
The increased availability of cheap, “do it yourself” (DIY) platforms places IoT within the realms of possibility for grassroots communities of makers and activists at a local scale. What opportunities exist for IoT to work in the spaces we share with other people in our small communities and neighbourhoods?

Andrei:
At the heart of many IoT solutions lies the old good internet with its traditional set of protocols, including DNS. In the SAC 105 document which was released last year called "The DNS and internet of things: opportunities, risks and challenges" one may find a future tense. Meanwhile, the future is here in hundreds of millions IoT installations around the world today, both - in industrial and human-centric applications.

We will have an interactive quiz during the presentations and an opportunity for Q&A at the end of the presentation. Staff will end the webinar with an Evaluation Survey to allow us to continue to improve these webinars.

The webinar is scheduled on Monday 7 December at 19:00 UTC for 90 minutes.

The draft agenda and call details are available at: https://community.icann.org/x/HIEmCQ

For other times: https://tinyurl.com/y3venwpo

French and Spanish interpretation will be provided.

Real time transcription (RTT) available at: https://www.streamtext.net/player?event=ICANN [streamtext.net]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.streamtext.net/player?event=ICANN__;!!PtGJab4!sS1VTh5wLooL6wrAqvHHqVV8AG-1VzYLrxi2Vx4X-tDlNa7dpU1fzJzumC2k2z_StKxke2g3VA$>

If you require a dial-out, please contact At-Large Staff at staff at atlarge.icann.org<mailto:staff at atlarge.icann.org> with your preferred number.

Thank you.
Kind regards,

ICANN Policy Staff in support of the At-Large Community
Website: atlarge.icann.org [atlarge.icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__atlarge.icann.org_&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=ds9md1zoepmwqw2nfk-Vs9ssxn1I3jPs97ekKkctEkM&m=eVjcqQ6q8nY7QUSrlA2nPJNCy7kLh0qN2VYRahN9_94&s=w0dPK7RICz6K2B73FoSU1sV9BhHFOnYC3blqz9emA6o&e=>
Facebook: facebook.com/icann [facebook.com]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_icannatlarge&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=ds9md1zoepmwqw2nfk-Vs9ssxn1I3jPs97ekKkctEkM&m=eVjcqQ6q8nY7QUSrlA2nPJNCy7kLh0qN2VYRahN9_94&s=cQT9ewNA5UeVKxa3D4IGyjS4kHn3xOCI4z2ZyLFEX0k&e=>atlarge [facebook.com]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_icannatlarge&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=ds9md1zoepmwqw2nfk-Vs9ssxn1I3jPs97ekKkctEkM&m=eVjcqQ6q8nY7QUSrlA2nPJNCy7kLh0qN2VYRahN9_94&s=cQT9ewNA5UeVKxa3D4IGyjS4kHn3xOCI4z2ZyLFEX0k&e=>
Twitter: @ [twitter.com]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__twitter.com_ICANNAtLarge&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=ds9md1zoepmwqw2nfk-Vs9ssxn1I3jPs97ekKkctEkM&m=eVjcqQ6q8nY7QUSrlA2nPJNCy7kLh0qN2VYRahN9_94&s=S3JMa5G0D-NLynujJc8RwSnj4cn354eHaVMXf2JIsm4&e=>ICANNAtLarge [twitter.com]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__twitter.com_ICANNAtLarge&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=ds9md1zoepmwqw2nfk-Vs9ssxn1I3jPs97ekKkctEkM&m=eVjcqQ6q8nY7QUSrlA2nPJNCy7kLh0qN2VYRahN9_94&s=S3JMa5G0D-NLynujJc8RwSnj4cn354eHaVMXf2JIsm4&e=>