[APAC-Discuss] WT5 Liaison

Maureen Hilyard maureen.hilyard at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 18:18:16 UTC 2017

Alan

I would like to apply as the liaison for APRALO for the WT5 on Geographic
names as gTLDS.

I have applied and been accepted as a member of the WT5.  Although this is
an application for the liaison position for the ALAC, I understand that
others within the RALO may also apply to the WT5 as members.

My view is that governments should be able to protect geographic names,
especially those of cultural significance, but that there should be
reasonable and agreeable access for companies and others to other
geographic names for the purpose of new gTLDs.

Regards
Maureen