[APAC-Discuss] Self-Nomination for the position of ALAC Delegate to NomCom

Rao Naveed Bin Rais naveedbinrais at gmail.com
Sun May 7 17:56:39 UTC 2017

Dear all,

I would like to self-nominate myself for the position of ALAC delegate to
NomCom representing APRALO for the upcoming year.

I have been associated to ALAC through ISOC Islamabad Chapter which became
an ALS in 2014. I have served as President of ISOC Islamabad Chapter and
Treasurer of the Chapter in past few years.

I have been associated to ICANN since 2014 (ICANN50) when I got my first
ICANN fellowship and since then, I have attended six ICANN meetings,
including 4 appearances as coach ICANN Fellows and one as ICANN Fellowship
coordinator in ICANN55. I have also got fellowship for the upcoming
ICANN59. I also contributed in leading the working group of ICANN Fellows
for draft the Fellowship Coaching guidelines, which have been in practice
for the past one year.

Moreover, for the last two years, I have been actively engaged in regional
activities of ICANN, and helped ICANN and ISOC in organizing a number of
local and regional events through the platform of ISOC Islamabad Chapter. I
am also working closely with ICANN as a volunteer trainer on DNS Operations
and Security since early 2015. Besides, I am currently a member of
Middle-East and Adjoining Countries Charter Draft Working Group and
Strategy Working Group and contributed in the development of the charter
followed by the strategy which is in the implementation stage at the moment.

As for my background, I am a university professor/researcher by profession,
got PhD in Computer Networking from INRIA, France in 2010 and now serving
as Associate Professor in a university.

Having my background and relevant association in past few years, I
volunteer myself for the position of ALAC delegate to NomCom and hope that
I would serve for the post to the best of my potential and capability.

Cheers,
Naveed -