[APAC-Discuss] Year 1 Implementation Plan for the MEAC Strategy

John Laprise jlaprise at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 17:05:28 UTC 2017

>From the public comments analysis plans:

“20. We maintain good relations with many governments in the region. Of the 26 governments of the

region, 21 members sit on the GAC, yet many lack engagement with ICANN, and we will work

on this. We are also working on enhancing our engagement with CERTs and LEAs. More

focused government engagement can be addressed in the annual implementation plans” (italics added)

Please identify in Y1 evidence of more focused government engagement and how this is an increase from past activities.

As pointed out at ICANN57 by many people, failure to allay governmental unease will make this project more difficult if not impossible.

Best regards,

John Laprise, Ph.D.

Consulting Scholar

 <http://www.linkedin.com/in/jplaprise/> http://www.linkedin.com/in/jplaprise/