[APAC-Discuss] APRALO Application for new ALS and IndividualApplications

Kan Kaili kankaili at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 09:59:40 UTC 2017

+1

Kaili

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Nadira Alaraj
  To: Satish Babu
  Cc: APAC-Discuss ; Anupam Agrawal
  Sent: Sunday, December 03, 2017 4:43 PM
  Subject: Re: [APAC-Discuss] APRALO Application for new ALS and IndividualApplications

  Hi Satish,
  Regarding to point 4.
  "4. The current rules on not admitting existing ALS members as individual members to APRALO is based on the potential to weaken ALSes. It's perhaps time that these rules are reviewed at both ALAC and RALO levels...however, this is not a decision to be taken lightly."

  Many of the ALSes are run by a leadership team who may have no activities to engage their ordinary members.
  Here I come back to the discussion point on what is the criteria of making sure that a certified ALS is an active ALS as they are expected to perform certain activities related to ICANN that comply to RALO requirements in engaging both their own community and their wider community? If the said ALS don't do that then a potential good members of such ALS will be of disadvantage.  Then if this potential member applied to be as individual member in APRALO if they already active in ICANN WGs, are  RALOs ready to accept their application?
  This leads to the importance of documentation by ALS activities on regular or even annual basis on their wiki space as part of basic requirements to ALS. Not satisfying this basic requirement hints to their lack of seriousness.

  Best,
  Nadira