[APAC-Discuss] APRALO Application for new ALS and Individual Applications

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Sun Dec 3 05:38:47 UTC 2017

One has to put these things in perspective and to
examine the effort involved vs the benefits and risks.

Looking at an unrelated issue, ICANN directors
are subject to strict conflict of interest rules
because it is important that they not have a
personal interest when making decisions on behalf
of ICANN. But all we ask is that they sign a
piece of paper affirming what their conflicts are
(if any) and assuring that should one arise, they will act properly.

In the case of individual members, one has to
look at the risks of accepting people's word, the
harm it would cause, and now much it would
cost/difficulty to investigate further vs the benefits.

Alan