[APAC-Discuss] Fwd: [Secretariat] Proposal for pilot reduction of F2F Monthly RALO meetings during ICANN Meetings

Maureen Hilyard maureen.hilyard at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 08:46:07 UTC 2017

The mid-year meeting schedule is particularly tight because it is the
shortest, and I know that the ALAC is already having a hard time deciding
what to drop from its list of important issues to discuss. There just isn't
enough time in the day to hold meetings, and we can't impose on the
technicians to remain behind even after hours, after the long hours they
already work

But although we cannot hold a formal meeting, for those from the region who
are able to be at the ICANN meeting, we should make an effort to meet and
to discuss regional issues even if informally - a lunch meeting or
something. It will inform later discussions with the others at the next
APRALO meeting.
Dear Satish,

I don't have strong objection to this approach especially if the pilot for
us is only for ICANN59 and I'm not sure that majority of APRALO members
will participate to this particular meeting.
But I'd like to know how the results of pilot will be resumed - is there
any procedure decided for the evaluation?

Best,
Lianna