[APAC-Discuss] APRALO Individual membership form for review, comments and approval- Deadline April 26 - 23 UTC

Satish Babu sb at inapp.com
Tue Apr 18 09:40:23 UTC 2017

Dear all,

Thanks to everyone who has responded. Here are a few clarifications:

1. Unaffiliated Individual Members (individual members who are not
affiliated to existing APRALO ALSes) have been part of our RoPs from 2014.
The concept was introduced largely as a mechanism for admitting interested
individuals who either had no ALSes near them, or were unable for any
reason to operate through existing ALSes. We had already started admitting
UIMs from around 2015. Therefore, this form does not reflect any change in
policy, only in procedure.

As explained in the March APRALO monthly call, the main reason for
introducing a new format is to gather additional information about the
individuals who apply for joining us (APRALO's existing admission process
is almost automatic once the applicant provides a self-declared affirmation
of required criteria).

2. The RoPs state that all UIMs jointly select one representative (Section
27.5.2.6-8) to represent their positions within APRALO. We plan to create
the procedure for this process before our GA, scheduled for Oct 2017 (of
course, this may be subject to the outcome of the At-Large Review that is
currently in its final stage).

3. On the matter of the application form, we had originally planned to do
it as a web page (form), but as ICANN's web team is busy at this time, we
couldn't get it done. In the meantime, we will be sending the form as a PDF
file to individual membership applicants, which they can fill up and
return. When we do the web version, we will move out the long list of
topics as a pop-up window, without cluttering up the main form (Thanks to
Silvia and other Staff for their help!).

4. We plan to incorporate any major suggestions from the community and
operationalize the form from the APRALO Monthly call on 27 April.

With kind regards,

satish
(travelling, email responses may be delayed)