[APAC-Discuss] Comments on At-Large Review with specific relevanceto RALOs/ALSes

Kan Kaili kankaili at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 18:12:50 UTC 2017

Hello, APRALO community,

The New gTLD program started a few years ago underwent its review since the beginning of last year by the Competition, Consumer Trust and Consumer Coice Review Team (CCT-RT).  Its preliminary report was published last month for public comments until 27 April (for details and document download see https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2017-02-02-en).

As a CCT-RT member representing ALAC and also of our APRALO, I also want to encourage everybody to actively participate in this review process, especially from our end-users perspective.  This is because this New gTLD program is one of the most important policy of ICANN over the last few years and affects us, the end-users, the most.

The essence of ICANN's multi-stakeholder structure is all related parties getting together to discuss, argue and negotiate for each party's own interest.  The CCT Review Team is also built this way.

Thus, please provide your comments from our end-users perspective in order to protect our own interests.  Nobody else will speak for us if we do not speak out ourselves.

For this purpose, your best way of doing so is to post your opinions in the public comment space as provided by Satish in his email below.  This is also the best way to support me in order to represent your interests at CCT-RT.

However, if you have any questions, or are inconvenient to post your comment for whatever reason, please feel free to contact me at my email address: kankaili at gmail.com.  I will be happy to answer all of your questions and/or post your comments on your behalf.

Also, I would like to encourage everybody to participate in the two webinar sessions on Monday, 3 April at 10:00-11:30 UTC and 20:00-21:30 UTC hosted by CCT-RT (see details at https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2017-03-29-en).  The webinars will be in all five UN languages and Arabic.  Dial-out for this webinar will also be provided.

Thank you for your time.

Kaili Kan