[APAC-Discuss] APAC Space face-to-face meeting in ICANN57 Hyderabad (Tues, 8 Nov, 3:15PM – 4:45PM)

Kelvin Wong kelvin.wong at icann.org
Tue Oct 25 01:41:59 UTC 2016

Dear APRALO community,

APAC hub and our community members will be holding the APAC Space face-to-face meeting in ICANN57 Hyderabad (Tues, 8 Nov, 3:15PM – 4:45PM). You may refer to the ICANN57 schedule at the following link: https://icann572016.sched.org/[icann572016.sched.org].

Appended below is a proposed agenda for the upcoming APAC Space. Please let us know if you would like to suggest any discussion topics, or raise any issues to discuss, under ‘APAC developments’ (section 6 of the agenda). We aim to finalize the agenda and publish them on the ICANN57 public schedule by the end of this week.

Thank you. We look forward to hearing from you and, for those going to Hyderabad, hope to see you at the session.

Regards,

Kelvin

Proposed APAC Space Agenda

1.       Welcome Remarks (3 mins)

·         Jia-Rong Low, VP and Managing Director of ICANN Asia Pacific;

·         APAC Space community lead Edmon Chung, CEO DotAsia

2.      Self-Introduction by APAC community members (15 mins)

·         To also raise any issues to discuss in ‘APAC developments’ (section 6 below)

3.       Brief Introduction of New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Policy Development Process (PDP)[gnso.icann.org] by ICANN Policy Staff (5 mins)

·         Quick recap for newcomers

·         General Overview, Aims & Objectives

·         Current APAC Participation

4.       Introduction of PDP Work Track 1: Overall Process/Support/Outreach[community.icann.org] by Co-Group Leads(s) Christa Taylor and Sara Bockey [Working to invite them] (15 mins)

·         Scope of Work and Priorities

·         Work Plan

·         Current discussion and how can APAC community participate more actively

5.       Q&A / Discussion – moderated by Edmon Chung, CEO DotAsia (25 mins)

6.       General Discussion on APAC developments – moderated by Edmon Chung, CEO DotAsia (25 mins)

7.       AOB (2 mins)

·         Next APAC Space Web Conference