[APAC-Discuss] My statement

Siranush Vardanyan siranush_vardanyan at hotmail.com
Mon May 2 09:16:16 UTC 2016

Dear APRALO members,

Having accepted my nomination to serve as APRALO Chair
for another 2 years, I assure you that I remain passionate and committed to
serving another term.

During this past term as the Chair, APRALO has grown to
45 ALSes and at the same time we have strengthened our relationship with
leading regional organisations - APNIC, APTLD and DotASIA. We also continue to work
together with the ICANN Asia Pacific HUB by organising capacity building and
informational webinars.

For FY16, we have organised and participated in joint
outreach events, such as APRICOT, and supported outreach activities coordinated
by our own ALSes in their sub-regions. I have personally outreached on behalf
of At-Large at local and global IGF events.

As well as an already packed leadership role on behalf of
APRALO, I also participate on the RALO Secretariat and regularly attend ALAC
meetings. I am a member of several Working Groups, particularly to mention some Outreach and Engagement, Capacity Building,
Accessibility Taskforce, etc. WGs.

Due to everyone’s involvement, partnership, passion and
support, last year I was given a community award by ICANN Leadership, which was
for me, inspirational, but at the same time it increased my sense of
responsibility that I should continue serving this amazing community with even more enthusiasm and devotion.

The APRALO Leadership Team, with whom I have had the
honour of working closely during the last several years, also provides enormous
volunteer time on behalf of APRALO and At-Large. But we cannot succeed without
ALS involvement and commitment. Having said all that, I would like to thank all
of you, each and every ALS for supporting my nomination to remain as the Chair
of APRALO.  I aim to continue to serve
this community to the best of my ability and with the continued support of a
great leadership team.

Sincerely,

Siranush