[APAC-Discuss] APRALO-APAC Hub Webinar: Getting ready for the "New" Internet Name Space - Universal acceptance and its challenges | 22 Mar, 5:00UTC/13:00SGT
ICANN At-Large Staff
staff at atlarge.icann.org
Mon Mar 21 16:00:08 UTC 2016
Dear APRALO Members,
Please join us for the APRALO-APAC Hub Webinar on Getting ready for the “New” Internet Name Space - Universal acceptance and its challenges, taking place on Tuesday, 22 March at 05:00UTC / 13:00SGT.
Universal Acceptance is a foundational requirement for a truly multilingual Internet, one in which users around the world can navigate entirely in local languages. It is also the key to unlocking the potential of new generic top-level domains (gTLDs) to foster competition, consumer choice and innovation in the domain name industry. To achieve Universal Acceptance, Internet applications and systems must treat all TLDs in a consistent manner, including new gTLDs and internationalized TLDs.
The Universal Acceptance Steering Group is a community-based team working to share this vision for the Internet of the future with those who construct this space: coders. The group's primary objective is to help software developers and website owners understand how to update their systems to keep pace with an evolving Domain Name System.
This webinar will provide a good background on Universal Acceptance, its importance, an introduction to UASG as well as its work and key challenges. Please share this with friends/colleagues who may be interested.
If you have questions you'd like us to address, you can send them in advance to apachub at icann.org<mailto:apachub at icann.org>.
The draft agenda and call details are available at: https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=58727895
1. Welcome and Introduction to the webinar -Silvia Vivanco - At-Large Regional Manager (3 mins)
2. Housekeeping Items - Ariel Liang (2 mins)
* Pop Quiz
3. Don Hollander (20 mins) - Presentation<https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/58727895/Don%20Hollander%20UA%20@%20APRALO%20160322.pptx?version=1&modificationDate=1458513769000&api=v2>: UASG - An introduction to APRALO
* What is Universal Acceptance and why is this important?
* Introduction to Universal Acceptance Steering Group (UASG<https://community.icann.org/x/lA-RAg>) and its work
* Key challenges - Changing mindsets and systems
4. Marvin Wu<https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/58727895/Marvin%20Bio%20201603.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1458575696324&api=v2> (20 mins) - Presentation<https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/58727895/EAI%20Challenges%20%26%20Actions%20from%20Coremail-Marvin%20.pptx?version=1&modificationDate=1458575681707&api=v2> - EAI Challenges & Actions from Coremail
* Community perspective and sharing. Specific examples on challenges, solutions e.g. Challenges of EAI.
* Call for Action: What can Internet end-users do in promoting, advancing UA?
5. Q&A - All (15 mins)
6. Webinar Survey - Terri Agnew (5 mins)
* Adobe Connect (with two-way audio in English): http://icann.adobeconnect.com/apralo
* ADIGO Conference ID - EN: 1638
* ADIGO dial-in numbers: http://adigo.com/icann/
* This Webinar will have live Captioning. If you do not have the bandwidth to join this webinar, you are able to follow live Captioning streaming via this link: https://www.streamtext.net/player?event=ICANN
If you require a dial-out, please contact At-Large staff at staff at atlarge.icann.org<mailto:staff at atlarge.icann.org> with your preferred number.
Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Ariel Liang, Gisella Gruber, Nathalie Peregrine, Terri Agnew and Yeşim Nazlar
ICANN Policy Staff in support of the At-Large Community
E-mail: staff at atlarge.icann.org<mailto:staff at atlarge.icann.org>
One World, One Internet
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 2809 bytes
More information about the APAC-Discuss