[APAC-Discuss] It's Here! Brand New Website of the At-Large Community Launched!!!

ICANN At-Large Staff staff at atlarge.icann.org
Wed Feb 24 20:53:07 UTC 2016

Dear All,

We are very pleased to announce the launch of the brand new website of the ICANN At-Large Community, available at: atlarge.icann.org<https://atlarge.icann.org/>!

Over the past year, the At-Large Community and ICANN Staff have provided dedicated efforts to create a more engaging website. The goal is to make the site an effective engagement tool and a one-stop shop for finding:
* ALAC policy advice<https://atlarge.icann.org/policy-summary>
* News<https://atlarge.icann.org/news>
* Meetings and Events<https://atlarge.icann.org/calendar>
* Activities of the ALAC<https://atlarge.icann.org/alac>, RALOs<https://atlarge.icann.org/ralos> and ALSes<https://atlarge.icann.org/alses>, and
* ways to get involved<https://atlarge.icann.org/get-involved> in the At-Large community

This community-driven effort has resulted in a big step forward for At-Large with this official release of the new website!

Post launch, we expect our website to continue to evolve with new content that can be easily created and updated. Other features that we anticipate to evolve include:
* ALS Applications - New submission process for organizations that apply to become ALSes
* Translations - Translations for additional static labels and content, public comment information from icann.org, and curated content submitted by the At-Large Community
* Accessibility - Continued progress towards WCAG Level AA certification<https://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG20/quickref/>, relabeling of images with alternative text, and KIFs<https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/53775155/kif-protocol.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1456165881000&api=v2>
* Content Templates - Additional formats for content authoring via the generic content template

Please expect to see updates on a bi-weekly basis with light feature releases every quarter. The next update will be in June 2016. The previous old site will be unpublished and archived at legacy-atlarge.icann.org.

We hope you enjoy using the new website and find that it has an updated look and easy to access information.

We would also like to thank our At-Large Community, especially the At-Large Website Revamp Taskforce<https://atlarge.icann.org/working_groups/website-revamp>, as well as our ICANN IT team and offshore developers who gave their time, energy, and support to make the new website live!

For any questions, suggestions, feedback or comments, please email Ariel Liang (ariel.liang at icann.org<mailto:ariel.liang at icann.org>) of At-Large Staff and/or Laura Bengford (laura.bengford at icann.org<mailto:laura.bengford at icann.org>) of ICANN's Digital Engagement and Product Team.

Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Ariel Liang, Gisella Gruber, Nathalie Peregrine, Terri Agnew and Yesim Nazlar
ICANN Policy Staff in support of the At-Large Community
E-mail: staff at atlarge.icann.org<mailto:staff at atlarge.icann.org>
Facebook: www.facebook.com/icann<https://www.facebook.com/icannatlarge>atlarge<https://www.facebook.com/icannatlarge>
Twitter: @<https://twitter.com/ICANNAtLarge>ICANNAtLarge<https://twitter.com/ICANNAtLarge>

Chris Gift, Laura Bengford, Jeff Salem, Steve Allison
ICANN Product Management - Digital Engagement