[APAC-Discuss] FY 17 At-Large Captioning Pilot Project to start in JAN 2017!
ICANN At-Large Staff
staff at atlarge.icann.org
Mon Dec 19 16:43:28 UTC 2016
We are excited to announce that Phase 2 of the Captioning pilot will start up again in January. Please pass this email to others who I have missed.
If you would like to have a teleconference captioned during this second phase of the pilot please submit your request to At-Large Staff<mailto:staff at atlarge.icann.org> by January 1 or as soon as possible
As agreed to in part 1 of the pilot, the implementation of this project will be structured as follows:
* Three calls to include captioning each month for a total of 6 teleconferences, not exceeding 60 minutes per call (with the exception of the ALAC Monthly Meeting)
* The calls shall be held between January - February 2017
* Most calls will be captioned in English, with the exception of 1 in French and 1 in Spanish to be held in February
* Priority will be given to those groups who did not make it into the first phase. These include cross community groups such as the CCWG-Accountability and the CCWG-IG and other CCWGs
* To select the calls the captioning team has developed a set of criteria to evaluate and rate the requests. The request for captioning must meet at least one of these criteria to be put on the list.
Criteria for Captioning:
1) Are there persons with disabilities or with limited bandwidth participating?
2) Are there webinars of general interest to the ICANN community that would increase the engagement of non-native English speakers?
3) Are the meetings or discussions about accessible tools or software?
* The At-Large Captioning Pilot Project group, in collaboration with At-Large Staff, will select the calls that will have captioning based on the criteria noted above.
* A short poll will be made at the end of each call where captioning is used to ask for feedback on the captioning program during that call and also for those who watch/listen to the call at a later date. .
See further details Wiki: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Captioning+Pilot+Project+II[community.icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_display_atlarge_At-2DLarge-2BCaptioning-2BPilot-2BProject&d=DgMDaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=Dnms4TYTyyoXFpSkZ1XGAnVizXib7u9B5uwGDyrBIT4&m=lV2-oZlprg0ZR99YGScr5G-MvXlvxXLHpw8uslHp72o&s=7hOQkB8NXDwNLI5R0H4uvrWVjBdmOQxCLymZx02wM2E&e=>
Thank you for your support in the planning and implementation of this exciting project.
Judith Hellerstein, Founder & CEO
Hellerstein & Associates
3001 Veazey Terrace NW, Washington DC 20008
Phone: (202) 362-5139 Skype ID: judithhellerstein
E-mail: Judith at jhellerstein.com<mailto:Judith at jhellerstein.com> Website: www.jhellerstein.com[jhellerstein.com]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.jhellerstein.com&d=DgMDaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=Dnms4TYTyyoXFpSkZ1XGAnVizXib7u9B5uwGDyrBIT4&m=lV2-oZlprg0ZR99YGScr5G-MvXlvxXLHpw8uslHp72o&s=LRvxSqRZG0ZoQy7lJ29BjdoxDZM1iUOFGGX3BK2R5Hg&e=>
Linked In: www.linkedin.com/in/jhellerstein/[linkedin.com]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.linkedin.com_in_jhellerstein_&d=DgMDaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=Dnms4TYTyyoXFpSkZ1XGAnVizXib7u9B5uwGDyrBIT4&m=lV2-oZlprg0ZR99YGScr5G-MvXlvxXLHpw8uslHp72o&s=PJ11rgxXmqsxdOXfr5lMT2rplgEsnbAFmnXsH7bAgiw&e=>
Opening Telecom & Technology Opportunities Worldwide
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the APAC-Discuss