[APAC-Discuss] APRALO Elections 2016

Fouad Bajwa fouadbajwa at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 12:45:59 UTC 2016

I believe the election process should be open whereby a call should be
send out to all of APRALO membership to see if newer people are
interested in the roles available. Given way and giving opportunity to
new is also a key aspect of effective and good leadership.

I would recommend that the positions be continuously announced on the
APRALO list and invite nominations and an election be carried out.

On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 12:22 PM, Siranush Vardanyan
<siranush_vardanyan at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Dear AP members,
>
> As you have seen in my previous e-mail (updates from our April call) and
> also from the e-mail from staff, currently The elections for APRALO leaders
> is open for nomination. You can view the space to see the nominations and
> eligibility for all.  Nominations will be accepted up until 9 May.
>
> This is to let you know as well that as part of nomination procedure each
> current leaders (Chair, Vice-Chair, ALAC Member, NomCom appointee) were
> asked individually if they are willing to continue and taking into
> consideration that they all are eligible for re-election, all of them have
> indicated that they are willing to stand again and are making themselves
> available for their current positions.
>
> So, this will be noted in the wiki space by staff, that all current members
> indicated that they would like to continue.
>
> Meanwhile, all other nominations are welcomed.
>
> Best
>
> Siranush

Regards.