[APAC-Discuss] Please comment ...

KITAMURA,Yasuichi kita at jp.apan.net
Tue Sep 22 14:58:12 UTC 2015

> 1. Should these new 3-letter country/territory codes be reserved ONLY as ccTLDs OR should they be open to everyone as gTLDs?  (This question refers to 3-letter code IDN ccTLDs and IDN gTLDs as well)

They should be reserved.

>  2. What advantages or disadvantages does your answer offer either group (ccTLDs or gTLDs)?

ccTLD:
advantages: some countries who know well about Internet structure at this moment won’t get problems in the future
disadvantages: ccTLD will have to fight with some companies who happen to be the same 3 letters as those 3 letter ccTLDs.

gTLD:
advantages: they can make the clear answer to those requesters why they can’t use some 3 letter domains.
disadvantages: messy, maybe?

Sent from my unibody MacBook Pro 15inch (Retina Display)
-----
KITAMURA, Yasuichi <kita_at_jp_dot_apan_dot_net>