[APAC-Discuss] quick report of AP*Retreat meeting

KITAMURA,Yasuichi kita at jp.apan.net
Mon Sep 7 01:58:35 UTC 2015

Dear APRALO,

The following is the quick summary of AP* Retreat meeting on September 7th (+0700).

(Quick request)

Dear All,

As discussed on the meeting today regarding the IANA Stewardship Transition Proposal, please find below the proposed AP* statement of support.

Kindly confirm your agreement and I will collate the names/ organization. Please note that we need to send our statement by 8 September 2015.

--------

Statement of support

We the undersigned ,  as active members of the Asia Pacific Internet community, wish to express our support for the ICG’s IANA Stewardship Transition Proposal.

Signed,

name,

organisation (optional).
------

Thanks,
Sweet
<<<<<

(Proposal)

Dear all,

Thanks to those who came to the AP* meeting today, who gave reports and participated in some interesting discussions.  Thanks also to Sweet Mae and the secretariat.

Regarding the next meeting, I made a rather spontaneous proposal to have a more open event next time (in New Zealand) which would allow all interested people to join.  It could be called the “AP* Forum”, and it could follow more or less the same format of reports from AP* organisations, plus other topics of interest.

If this is still agreeable to everyone, then we will plan accordingly for the event in New Zealand, still on the usual day (which I think is Sunday 21 Feb, but we should confirm this).

We will need to plan for a venue of the appropriate size, perhaps based on the number of registrations that we receive.

APNIC will support the forum, as we usually do support the AP* retreat; but we may seek sponsors for additional financial support.

Interested to hear feedback about this proposal.

Paul.

Paul Wilson, Director-General, APNIC                        dg at apnic.net
http://www.apnic.net                                            @apnicdg
Sent from my unibody MacBook Pro 15inch (Retina Display)
<<<<<

-----
KITAMURA, Yasuichi <kita_at_jp_dot_apan_dot_net>