[APAC-Discuss] Individual Member Discussion

Fouad Bajwa fouadbajwa at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 23:05:01 UTC 2015

Sounds like martial law and dictatorship. I don't see why there should be
so many checks in a democratic process, if anyone in ICANN community or ALS
endorses them then good enough.

Is APRALO funding ALS activities or the individuals work? If not then who
are we to ask them? On what grounds and rationale are we subjecting them to
this? Are we a multilateral treaty organisation?

This typical club or chapter like approach should be stopped in the first
place. No one in the ICANN community had the right to subject any ALS or
Individual to this. Processes should remain democratic and namely open.

An individuals seeking membership should be invited to a APRALO meeting
online, asked for an introduction and the present quorum can vote them in
or out. These martial law type checks should be dismissed.

You want them to share their work etc, give them blogs and it's their
choice as to how much they share.

For some online dissidents and online dissident supporting groups, the
current design can be a challenge so be sensitive APRALO. This is not an
exclusive club. If this is a club then we should revisit our articles and
ALACs remit.

Individual membership should have flexibility and not an agenda to strictly
control it by the usual controllers.

Best

Fouad

--